Sunday 21 June 2009

FLY DADDY FLY


I had actually watched this movie before after I bought the tape a couple of years ago and enjoyed it though the movie starring Lee Jun-Ki and Lee Moon Sik did not do too well at the box-office when it was first released. I had given my copy of the DVD to my niece Kelley and recently ordered a new one from Eric's shop as I wanted it in my Lee Jun_Ki DVD collection.
As today is Father's Day, I again watched the movie with my mum and aunt, who had not watched it before. Besides getting to oogle at Jun-Ki, the movie has some touching moments showing the love of a father for his daughter and the sifu-disciple/father-son relationship between Lee Jun-Ki and Lee Moon Sik (both are not related). By the way, both of them again appear as father and son in the hit Korean drama, Iljimae.
What the movie is about ...
It's about n ordinary office worker whose daughter was beaten up by a rich boy from a powerful family. This boy also happened to be a martial arts expert. The father wanted to take revenge for what had happened to his daughter but he was unfit and really no match for his daughter's aggressor. He tried using a knife on the boy and also tried to push him towards oncoming but was unsuccessful. Each time he was stopped by Jun-Ki's character who later becomes his trainer. It turned out that the one who harrassed the man's daughter never beat Jun-Ki in a fight. The type of training the father received reminded me of the ones that Jackie Chan got in his earlier films which were really tough. However, I am sure that the audience would be be inspired by the father’s determination to win back his daughter's trust by giving his opponent the beating he deserves.
My comment
I am prejudiced as I am a diehard Jun-Ki fan and so my comment would be positive. Go watch the movie yourself by clicking here.

No comments: