Sunday 30 November 2008

LITTLE PLEASURES IN LIFE

Picture taken with my handphone camera








Life's Little Pleasures

He enjoys much who is thankful for life’s little pleasures We call it by many names: happiness, gladness, delightfulness, or cheerfulness. I simply call it joy. What is it? It is the act of rejoicing in life’s little pleasures. It is not a feeling, but a celebration.
Chuck Gallozzi

Therefore we should take time to enjoy the little things in life, such as watching the flight of birds in the sky, catching a child take his/her first steps, the delightful aroma of your mum's cooking or your dog wagging its tail to greet you when you arrive home. We need to do or experience something everyday that gives us pleasure and feeds our soul. When we do so, we will definitely be much happier and contented people.
When you take time to enjoy all the little pleasures that abound in our everyday lives, I guarantee you that you'd be much richer, happier and contented.
For me, I derive great pleasure in looking at flora and fauna. Of course, I also take photographs of them. I am sure you would have noticed that taking photographs is something that I do almost everyday and it keeps me in a jovial mood most of the time. When I was studying in England, I noted that the English has a habit of carrying a book with them and would read when they have some time - like waiting for the bus or waiting for an appointment. Me? I do not have such a habit. Instead, I carry my camera with me all the time and snap photographs of things that take my fancy whenever I have the opportunity. Don't get me wrong, I love to read books and it is also one of my interests but I prefer to read at home.
So, my dear readers, I hope I have convinced you enough to celebrate the little pleasures in life.

Reference: http://www.personal-development.com/chuck/joy2.htm

No comments: