Tuesday 30 September 2008

GOING GREEN?


When I was having my breakfast at a vegetarian stall this morning, I noticed two ladies bringing their own tiffin carriers to contain the food that they were going to buy. For your information, I am a regular customer of this stall but this is the first time I have come across two customers not wanting to use the polystyrene containers and the plastic bags. Actually this is a good practice as it reduces the use of plastic and would thus make it better for our environment.
On the other hand, I think the sudden rise in use of aluminium tiffin carriers is not really because the housewives are going green but rather because of the melamine scare caused by the tainted milk scandal in China. I think the people are heeding the advice given by the consumer groups to cut down on the use of plastic based materials to hold their food. Any which way, this is a move in the positive direction. I think I shall follow the example set by the two ladies as well. Now, where is my tiffin carrier?

No comments: