Friday 18 April 2008

A YEAR OLDER









A YEAR OLDER
Today is the 18th of April and I am already a year and a day older. My friends and students made me feel very special on this. Early in the morning a few of my students had wished me and I got my first present for the day at 7.30 a.m. Later my colleagues took me out for a meal at MacDonald. In the afternoon, a few of my students who were also born in April went with me to celebrate our birthdays at the Vision Hope in Sitiawan.
For your information, I celebrate my birthday with my family members on the Chinese lunar calendar date. According to my mum, the Chinese date is more significant. This year my Chinese birthday is at the end of the month. On this day, I will have to go to the temple and give thanks to the deities and ask for blessings for good health and a happy year ahead. My mum will also make longevity noodles for me. These noodles are also referred to as Hokkien Noodles.
Know what? When I read all the messages in the cards that I received. Each and every one wished that I would get married soon. Aiyoh! Where is my Mr Right?

No comments: