Tuesday 1 April 2008

A FAVOUR

The reason I started writing this blog was because a few of my friends would keep calling me up to ask about certain Chinese cultural practices and also about Feng Shui. I had told them that a book that I had written was accepted by a publisher and would be in the market soon but unfortunately it has yet to be seen in the bookstores. To sort of hide my shame and embarassment, I started to put all the things I found here to share with everyone who give two sens about what I have to say.
In a way, I am doing my bit to preserve the rich cultural heritage of the Malaysian Chinese and also to pass on the practices that have been handed down for generations. Some of them have to do with feng shui and others are based on Taoist, Buddhist and Confucian beliefs. Mind you, practising them might help one to be happier and hence the title of this blog, "幸福“ meaning happiness.
As I spend quite a lot of time looking up the information from printed materials or from the Internet and also asking around, I would really love it if more people would visit this blog. So, if you like what you have read and feel that it is of any worth, would you please pass on the URL to your friends and relatives and get them to visit as well. That is the favour that I wish to ask of you. Thank you.

No comments: