Thursday 6 March 2008

NO CONSOLATION AT ALL



After school today, I asked my friends, Tuan Haji Ahmad Hasnin and Puan Kamariah Sulaiman to go with me to have a look at my Toyota VIOs which had just arrived. The mechanics at the Toyota Service Centre in Sitiawan are giving the car another check, get it cleaned and tinted before officially giving it to me. That is why you see all the cables attached to the engine.
As far as I can see there isn't anything wrong with the car and since I know next to nothing about car engines I brought Tuan Haji Hasnin to help me inspect it. What I am not satisfied is the licence plate number. I tendered for the number AGJ1010 and was told about two weeks ago that I got the number already. But today the salesman told me that the runner informed him that someone has offered more money for the number and it was given to him. How can this be? First I was told that the number was mine and now the story is another person paid a few thousand ringgit and the number was given to him.

I feel cheated. If there is anyone who is reading this and who knows how I can make a protest then please write to tell me what to do. I am thinking of going to the press or not taking the car at all tomorrow. I feel that it is not fair and that somehow I have been cheated.

To me it is something like I had successfully booked a front row ticket to watch Korean Superstar Rain in Concert but last minute my ticket was sold to somebody else who was willing to pay double or triple the price for the ticket. I am then informed that I can book a front row ticket to watch a not so famous Korean group perform at a cheaper price. What do they take me for? That I can save money by watching some group that I am not a fan of perform. That is how I am feeling today.

My two friends tried to console me by saying that it is just a number and not to be so upset about it. Puan Kamariah kept telling me that it is okay since I will be getting my old car number again and that it was something that has sort of become my trademark. Besides, she said that I can use the money that I saved from not buying the number to go to Brunei for a holiday. Tuan Haji Hasnin said that it was just a number and not to be overly upset about it. However, I just can't help feeling sad. In my opinion, it is a matter of justice and fair play. For me, if I have given my word to someone then it is as good as gold. I will do my best to fulfil it. There will not be any desire to shortchange or cheat the person for my own personal interest. If people can do that to me then I really feel very, very sad.

No comments: