Wednesday 17 October 2007

LITTLE CHILDREN BE CAREFUL!!!


I have been really angry and upset by recent news about children being abused. There are beasts in human form who would not give a second thought to doing unthinkable things to innocent, defenceless children. In today's newspaper, there is a report of a paedophile who is at large somewhere in our region. Somewhat gives me the creeps that such a fella is lurking around getting ready to pounce on little children for his sick pleasures. It is therefore my plea to parents and other adults to really keep an eye on your little ones. They are your most precious gifts from God. I do not want to read another similar report like that of Nurin Jazlin who was tortured and sexually abused before her battered body was found.
I am pictured above with some of the boys at the Rumah Harapan in Sitiawan. Some of these children were abandoned by their parents while some are orphans. Thank goodness there are people kind enough to run this house of hope to help these unfortunate children. I couldn't do much for them but just bought them some food and other stuff. Hopefully, there are others who after reading this would want to do something for them. My friends, Nyana, Grace, Lai Yoong and I are planning on holding another gathering for the children soon. We had one in the middle of the year.

No comments: