Sunday 14 January 2007

HAPPINESS TO EVERYONE


Hello! Ni Hau! Anyeong Haseyo! Apa Khabar! Namaste! Greetings!

This Xing Fu blog is created by me to share my experiences and information about using Feng Shui and Chinese cultural ways to attain wellbeing, fulfilment and happiness in life. Once in a while, I will post titbits of knowledge from other cultures as well, especially Malay and Indian cultures.
Personally, it pains and saddens me to see sufferings and unhappiness around me. To open the newspaper or to switch on the telly to learn of people who have lost their homes due to the floods, who are afflicted with all sorts of illnesses, who kill themselves and their children because of debts or family conflicts, who are beaten up, injured or lose their lives because of snatch thieves et cetera really puts a damper on my day. I do not profess to have found the panacea to happiness but am seriously in pursuit of possessing this state of being. Therefore, I would like to share whatever I learn with everyone. In a way, I feel that I will be contributing to making this world a happier place by sharing what I learn and know.
Happiness is the literal translation for "xing fu". I know that many people would agree with me that this is the most important element in life. Many elements contribute to this state. To me having health, love, wealth, longevity, harmony, concord, respect, trust and peace will contribute to attaining happiness.
In this very first post, I am pictured outside the World of Feng Shui premise in Ipoh after purchasing some Feng Shui cures for the coming year of the Boar. According to the yearly forecast, the illness star is in the central palace which means there will be lots of diseases and illnesses. To protect my family and myself I went and got myself a metallic Eight Immortals Wu Lou (Gourd).The two giant mystic knots on the door of WOFs Ipoh are truly auspicious symbols for this maiden post. I also chose an auspicious time and date to start this blog by referring to the T'ung shu or Chinese almanac.

No comments: