Monday 1 June 2020

KEEPING MY ELDERS SAFE BY NOT VISITING THEM

KEEPING MY ELDERS SAFE BY NOT VISITING THEM
There are reports in the media of many attempting to go back to their villages to celebrate the Eid Festival with their loved ones.  Here is Malaysia we are not allowed to travel intrastate to curb the spread of Covid-19.
My Aunty Linda and Uncle Jimmy are in Ipoh and I haven't seen them for weeks. They are both in their eighties and suffer from chronic diseases. My aunt has diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol. Uncle Jimmy suffers from Parkinson's disease and had a heart attack a few years ago. He also has high BP. It is not that I don't miss them. I do. They are both in the high risk group.
That is why I do not go back to Ipoh. My neighbour helps to make sure my house is okay and I transfer money online to Uncle Krishnan to cut the grass.
If you have vulnerable old folks, please stay where you are. Do not go visit them ... you might endanger their lives.

No comments: