Friday 21 March 2014

LOOK WHO'S COMING TO MALAYSIA

Wah! It was in the news that Benedict Cumberbatch will be coming to Malaysia next week to host an awards show.  I was telling Buzz on Thursday morning that I wouldn't be caught anywhere near the place as there will be hordes of young fans waiting for the British superstar famed for his role as Sherlock Holmes. Believe me, I wouldn't want to be trampled by the young ladies who will be waiting to catch a glimpse of him.  I'd be happily contented if I can watch him in Season 4 of Sherlock.

Benedict Cumberbatch to come to MalaysiaYahoo Newsroom – Wed, Mar 19, 2014 3:08 PM MYT


Be pepared, Malaysia; you're about to get Sher-locked!

The star of 'Sherlock', Benedict Cumberbatch, will be coming to Malaysia to host the 2014 Laureus World Sports Awards in Kuala Lumpur on March 26.

The 37-year-old actor, who's starred in Oscar-winning film '12 Years A Slave' and 'Star Trek: Into Darkness, is set to host the prestigious awards show, joining the already star-studded line-up of celebrities and athletes who will be coming to our shore.

Cumberbatch said: “I am a big sports enthusiast and I am delighted to be able to host such an important event in the sporting year. I have seen the names of all the great sportsmen and women who have been nominated for the Laureus Awards this year and, although I played a great detective in 'Sherlock', I have to confess I have no idea who is going to win. They all seem to have achieved so much. But it will be great to be part of such a special event.”

Cumberbatch will be joined by fellow actor Jamie Foxx, who will be performing at the awards show.

The 15th Laureus World Sports Awards, which recognise sporting achievement during the calendar year 2013, is the premier honours event on the international sporting calendar. The winners, as voted by the Laureus World Sports Academy, the ultimate sports jury, made up of 46 of the greatest sportsmen and sportswomen of all time, will be unveiled at a globally televised Awards Ceremony staged at Istana Budaya in Kuala Lumpur on the evening of Wednesday, March 26.

No comments: