Tuesday 25 February 2014

THANK GOODNESS FOR HELPFUL NEIGHBOURS


I am a plant person and love to be surrounded by greenery.  My Aunt Linda had suggested that I get rid of many of the plants that my late parents planted in our house in Ipoh as I was not around to maintain them during weekdays.  But I was adamant.  The plants remind me of my parents.  Somehow I was going to make sure that I see their garden when I am back on Saturdays and Sundays.
What I do is I get Uncle Krishnan who had been cutting the grass for my mum to keep doing his job every month.  Then my neighbours Yuli and Inderpreet help with my plants. When Inderpreet waters her plants directs the water over to my garden as well and so those that are by the fence get watered.  Yuli comes over to water the plants when she walks the dog. During the weekends, my aunt and I do the gardening and watering.  Before we leave on Sunday, we make sure to give the plants a good watering.
All I can say that I am blessed with kind and helpful neighbours to help me maintain my mum's garden.  By the way, when my mum was alive, she had very good relationship with both Inderpreet and Yuli.  Perhaps that is why they are doing this for their dearly departed friend.

No comments: