Friday 21 February 2014

REUSING CUT PARTS OF FANCY PAPER

 Here are two old pictures taken in 2001.  The event was a prize giving ceremony.  At that time the principal of the school was Tuan Haji Shukor.  Thankfully the photographs were not damaged and I managed to adhere them on a fancy card before my students put them back on the frame.
The fancy card is A4 size and is too big to fit the frame.  So I had to cut the edges to make it fit.  As the card is expensive, it felt such a shame to throw away the cut parts.  So I had an idea to reuse them.
 Here is what I did.  I used the strips of paper and formed them into a circle.  
As the sides that were cut were of two different sizes, I managed to come up with a big circle and a smaller one.  I intend to stick an old pictures on them and use them to decorate the wooden part of the wall in the main exhibition area.  So nothing is wasted.

No comments: