Tuesday 11 February 2014

ADVICE FROM GRANDPA SPOCK TO QUIT SMOKING

This was in the news a couple of days ago about Leonard Nimoy who was famous for his role as Mr Spock in Star Trek.  He was diagnosed with a lung disease which he attributed to his smoking.  So he advises smokers to quit.  He should advice non-smokers to never start.


Leonard Nimoy plans to live long and prosper despite the fact that he has revealed he’s battling a serious lung disease.

The 82-year-old Star Trek icon tweeted “I quit smoking 30 years ago. Not soon enough. I have COPD. Grandpa says, quit.”

“Smokers, please understand. If you quit after you’re diagnosed with lung damage it’s too late. Grandpa says learn my lesson. Quit now.”

Nimoy is now living with COPD, which stands for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It’s a life-threatening lung disease that interferes with normal breathing primarily caused by smoking tobacco.

“I’m doing OK. Just can’t walk distances. Love my life,family, friends and followers.” That would explain why he was spotted in late January using a wheelchair and oxygen pump.

But he doesn’t want to let it slow him down too much. “Just taped my comments for Star Trek Fest to be aired on EPIX Feb. 16th. Still enjoying my life” he assured his followers.

Source: Rumor Fix

No comments: