Monday 6 January 2014

REVISITNG THE RHYTHMIC FOUNTAIN AT IPOH RAILWAY STATION

My sister and her family came up north to visit me during the last week of my holiday.  I was actually surprised when my niece, Kelley, asked to visit the Ipoh Railway Station to view the fountain there.  My Aunt Linda was in disbelief as to why these people wanted to go see this fountain.  The last time we went, we weren't impressed.  
This time around we could see a lot of improvement.  During our previous visit, it was not fully functional and so we were treated to the full program.  This here is a dry, rhythmic water fountain. It differs from conventional fountains with a pond of water because this dry fountain has its pond underground the fountains which will sprout water in different patterns and is accompanied with coloured lights. The pattern changes at a 10-minute interval. Each pattern is timed to last for 30 minutes thus allowing the fountain area to be dry before the program restarts.  The formation looks pretty. Now if they could add music to it.  That would put it up a notch higher.
Below you see pictures of Li Lian, Kristofer, Kelley, Aunt Linda and I at the fountain.  My brother-in-law hd to stay in the car as there was no available parking bays.  My other nephew, Keefe, is serving his compulsory military service in Singapore.








No comments: