Wednesday 1 January 2014

GARDEN SALAD WITH SESAME FLAVOURED DRESSING


When the Organic Shop was still in business, I'd love the salads that Linda prepared.  So when the place was closed, I tried to make my own salad.  The first time was a failure and so was the second time.  Finally I succeeded on the third attempt.  I looked up some recipes for dressings on the Internet and managed to improvise until I got it right.

Here is what I used for the salad.
  • baby lettuce
  • carrots
  • Japanese cucumber
  • cherry tomatoes
  • roasted seaweed
  • sunflower seeds
Here is the recipe for the sesame oil flavoured, soy sauce based salad dressing.  It serves two.

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 - 2 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp ground white sesame seeds

Method:
  1. Mix the rice vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar in a small bowl.
  2. Add ground sesame seeds and sesame oil in the dressing and stir together.

No comments: