Wednesday 22 January 2014

CONDOLENCES TO LEETUEK

Leeteuk at the funeral of his father and grandparents

A few weeks ago I read about the death of the father and grandparents of Super Junior's Leeteuk who is currently undergoing his military service.  The news was that they had died in an accident.
It was a week later that I found out that Leeteuk's dad had committed suicide.  Before that he killed his parents.  His father was suffering from dementia and his mum who had cancer and was beginning to show signs of dementia. He was also having financial difficulties as well and was in a depressed state.
I could fully understand his situation and how emotionally tortured he was.  Before my mum died, she too was suffering from dementia and depression.  It was a really difficult time for my family members and I.  My sister Li Mei was also suffering from depression and could not take care of my mum.  At one stage, I was so emotionally tired that I nearly broke down.  Thankfully I had very good friends and also sought solace in God.  And that helped me tide through.  My deepest sympathies to Leeteuk and his family for their loss.
Here is a related article.

Super Junior's Leeteuk's father commits suicide and takes his parents
0
The news regarding the three family members of Super Junior’s Leeteuk that was previously unclear has been finally revealed. The Dongjak police office has announced that the idol’s father and grandparents’ death was caused by suicide.
The father’s (Park Yong In, 57) body was found hanging in his house at 09.20 a.m. KST (Korean Standard Time) on January 6. Meanwhile his grandparents were found dead on their bed lying next to each other. It has been confirmed that his father killed them before he ended his life.
“We have made the provisional conclusion that Mr. Park took the lives of his parents and committed suicide due to being overwhelmed with his struggles. According to his family, Mr. Park suffered from depression,” the police stated.
The deceased also left a final apology letter to his children.
“I will take my parents and go to heaven together so live well. I am sorry to my children,” he wrote.
Based on the police’s investigation, his father was divorced in 1998, and since then he had been depressed. He started to live with his parents, where his father had dementia and mother was already in the final stages of lung cancer. It was also reported that the singer’s father had financial difficulties and was millions of won in debt after his company went bankrupt.
According to the police, they would not be performing an autopsy on the bodies because they considered the family’s testimony to be sufficient.
“We judged that it is enough with just the deceased’s family’s testimony. With the cause of death comparatively clear, we will not be performing an autopsy,” they continued.

The three bodies are currently placed at the Korea University Guro Hospital, and planned to be buried on January 8.
LINK

No comments: