Monday 7 October 2013

TEMPLE VISIT ON THE SECOND DAY OF 9 EMPEROR GODS FESTIVAL










Today is the third day of the Nine Emperor Gods Festival. I have already completed 2 days of the vegetarian diet and tried to be at my best behaviour.  I also tried to do as many good deeds to get more merits during this time.

When I was back in Ipoh during the weekend, I visited the Dou Mou Temple to pay respect to the goddess and her nine sons.  You can see some of the activities going on in the photographs that I took during my visit on Sunday, which was the second day of the festival.

For those who are not familiar with this festival, it is dedicated to the nine sons of Tou Mu – Goddess of the North Star, who is said to control the books of life and death.
Her nine sons, deified as jen huang (human sovereigns), are said to have the ability to cure sickness and bestow luck, wealth and longevity.

No comments: