Friday 18 October 2013

SUNNING PILLOWS AND BOLSTERS



For the past few weeks, I noticed that whenever I was back in Ipoh, I'd wake up with a stiff neck the following morning. The stiffness would go away later in the day after I have applied some ointment. When I told my Aunt Linda and my acupuncturist, Rose, both told me to take my pillow out to sun and air. Yeah! They were most probably right as the pillows might be damp.
A check on Professor Internet attributed the causes of stiff necks to being triggered by sleeping in one position for too long, a wet pillow due to sweat, over-stretching the neck when turning over, wrong food or bad weather.
The best prevention and cure is to expose my pillows and bolsters to direct sun-light and air once a month. This process will evaporate all the moisture that may be contained within the fibers and will also freshen the bedding by taking out any body odors.
In the above picture, you can see that I have taken out all the pillows and bolsters to put under the sun.

No comments: