Tuesday 13 August 2013

REVIVED AND REJUVENATED


 Last weekend I was rather upset when I saw the condition of some of the plants in the herb garden.  They were drying up and a few had died.  Even before this, a few of the plants were badly damaged by the big branches of conifer tree that had fallen down.
I had actually wanted to go back and do some replanting on Wednesday and Thursday but then after discussing the matter with Lai Yoong, decided against it.  Why?  This was because everyone was on leave except for the two guards.  They were on duty at the guard house mostly and only went on their rounds at certain times.  As it was so lonely, intruders might climb the walls to get into the compound.  It might not be safe.  What if I suddenly fainted?
However, I noticed that there has been a lot of rainfall the past few days. So after an especially heavy rainfall yesterday morning, I went to check on the plants knowing that the huge amount of H2O from the sky would have done wonders for reviving and rejuvenating the plants.  How right I was.  To my utter delight, I saw that the plants looked green and healthy. Even those that were chopped had regenerated.  Yahoo!
Here I share with you my joy of seeing my plants looking so healthy and happy.
 My Sky Fruit plant or Tunjuk Langit had grown to almost two storeys high at what time but it too was damaged.  A stump of about two feet was left.  It too had regenerated.
 The gardeners had to chop off the Cermai plant as it was snapped into two by the fallen branches of the large tree.  There was actually a stump which was a feet high.  Now now shoots are growing.
 This Temu Gajah plant was given to me by a former colleague.  It is hard to find and I was devastated when it was badly damage.  To my utter delight, it has sprouted new shoots.
 The sirih plant (piper betle) too is growing new shoots.  Thanks to the Rain God for so much life-savingwater.
 My pepanggil or Pagoda plant sprouting new shoots.  I thought it was a goner already as when I last saw the two plants, only the dried stem was left.

The rose bush has turned green again and even has a new bud.

No comments: