Monday 12 August 2013

MY AFFORDABLE IDEA OF REDECORATING

In about a month's time, I would have been living in my house for 3 years.  Wow! Three years already. Within this space of time, I have added furniture and things to my home.  It is usually during the school holidays that I try and give my home a new look. However, I am only an ordinary teacher and so major changes to the home can stress my purse.  So I do a bit at a time.  Last year, I had two built-in cupboards installed.  Before the holidays, I bought a two-seater sofa.  At the end of the year, I have plans to get someone to paint the walls and grills of my house.  Then next year, I might change the doors of my bathrooms.  
For this semester break, I am just de-cluttering and reorganizing my stuff.  My idea of redecorating is simple; just reusing or recycling items in the house and re-positioning some furniture.  It is just by mixing up and moving around  a bit of furniture and items, my home is given a fresh lease on life.   


This was how the side table by my bed looked.  I changed the covering for the table by buying new materials and trimmings.  That costs me RM25.  Besides the side table, I also changed the position of the bed and also the flowers.  The old arrangement has been reused for another arrangement in the library.  I took the vase and flowers from my dresser in the storeroom.  You can see what I did in the picture below.


This floral arrangement was a house-warming present from Lai Yoong.  What I did was to use the flowers and arranged them in a bucket given to me as a birthday present by my aunt.  See the two pictures below.


Here are the flowers on the coffee table that I used for the arrangement in Lai Yoong's vase.  I also changed the table covering for the table.  I spent about RM25 buying the materials and the trimmings.
The flowers from the coffee table in Lai Yoong's vase.  I also bought a new table cloth for RM2.  Very cheap.
I used some the flowers in the decorative bicycle to add to those in the two bucket arrangements above and kept some for the arrangement below.  I bought some purple and white silk flowers for RM20 for this arrangement.  

This basket of flowers on a shelf were getting dusty sitting there.  After washing them, I placed them in the vase on the coffee table.  You can also see the DIY job I did for for the table cloth.  





No comments: