Wednesday 21 August 2013

MAMAK FOOD

 I feel very lucky to be living in a multi-racial society where I get to enjoy the cultures of different races.  It is normal for Malaysians to enjoy watching Chinese, Malay or Indian movies.  Most Malaysians would be familiar with Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Aaron Aziz, Harith Iskandar, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan as we grew up watching them.  That is why it would not be surprising for us to enjoying eating char koey teow, chicken rice, rendang, lemang, tosai and chappati.  Ahh ... such a rich multi-cultural background that I am born into.  
Once in a while, my taste buds will direct me to a Mamak stall to savour the delicious Indian-Muslim food sold there.  In the above picture of what I had for dinner on Saturday, a tray of Roti Sardin with dhall curry and sambal ikan bilis.
Me with my roti sardin and 3 layer tea.  I also asked for the fish curry sauce.
Aunt Linda with her roti canai.  She too loves eating food at the Mamak Restaurant.

No comments: