Thursday 29 August 2013

INSIDE THE LEANING TOWER OF DIAMOND BAY


When I visited Teluk Intan last time, the Leaning Tower or Menara Condong was closed to the public.  So I only managed to take pictures of the outside of the clock tower.  This famous tower is Malaysia's version of
the world famous Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy. The tower is slanted leftward, similar to the Tower of Pisa. It is 25.5 metres tall and, from the outside, looks like a 8 storey building, though inside it is actually divided into 3 storeys.  The tower is located in the center of a square surrounded by Jalan Pasar, Jalan Selat, Jalan Bandar and Jalan Ah Cheong.  LINK
Luckily for me, the tower was open to the public last Saturday when I was there and so my friends and I got to check out what was inside.  Here are the pictures.



















No comments: