Friday 30 August 2013

A FEW HUNDRED RINGGIT LESS ON CAR AIR CON REPAIR

My car air-conditioner conked out on Wednesday and I sent it to the Toyota Workshop to check what was wrong.  After a few hours, I got a call from the service clerk telling me that the coil (or something like that) of the air conditioning system was spoilt and had to be replaced.  That spare part alone costs RM1339 and had to be ordered from KL and could only be installed on Friday.  By the way, service charge had not been added in yet and some of my friends tell me that I might be charged a few hundred for that as well.  Wah!  So expensive.
When I told Hasnin about it, he asked me to take my car back from the workshop as he knew a mechanic who was great with car air cons and would charge me much less.
So on Thursday morning, he brought me to see Mr Chong who has been in the business for 21 years.  Know how much was his estimate for an original spare part inclusive of service?  RM850.  Yeah!  That would be half of what I would have paid to Toyota.
The car was sent to the workshop at 9.30 a.m. and by 4.30 p.m., I got a call that it was fixed.  And I have to thank Hasnin for saving me a lot of money.
The boss of the car air conditioner workshop doing final checking before handing my car back to me.  
 This is the air-con thingy that was spoilt and had to be replaced.

No comments: