Tuesday 4 June 2013

SUBMARINE RIDE AT JEJU ISLAND


One of the most memorable activities for me during my visit to Jeju Island was the Submarine Ride.  Luckily the weather on the day that the activity was scheduled was fine if not it would be cancelled for safety reasons.  We had to take a ferry to the jetty to board the submarine and while waiting, we saw that a few of those who went before us looked pale and some appeared nauseous when they completed their ride.  That really frightened me but then I steeled myself for the experience.  At a depth of 30 metres and a course of around 2.8 km this tour by  submarine enabled me to see below the surface of Jeju's seas.
 Time for a few snapshots before the submarine docks.


 Passengers coming out from the yellow and green submarine.
My sister, brother-in-law and niece waiting for their turn to climb down the submarine.
 Unfortunately, the soft corals and colorful fish appeared rather blur through the round translucent glass window.
 Me inside the submarine.

This diver was also part and parcel of the submarine ride.  Actually he was the one responsible to lure all the fishes around our submarine so that we could get a better view.



The good thing about this was that it was the first time I got to ride in a submarine and be submerged 30 metres below sea level.  However, the view was nothing to shout about.

No comments: