Monday 4 February 2013

OWLS AND CROWS

Danny is rather camera-shy and refused to have his photo taken by me.

When my aunt and I were at the WOFs boutique in Ipoh a few weeks ago to get some Feng Shui stuff, she asked the store supervisor, Danny, whether owls were considered lucky after I told her that the Japanese considered them to be very lucky.  I also mentioned that they were also popular with the Taiwanese aborigines.
According to Danny, the owl is not considered auspicious by the Chinese.  But then it may be auspicious to other cultures.  He also said that that if owls and crows fly to ones garden and not leave for days, then it is a sign of bad omen.  It is also not good to have owls and crows singing outside ones house at night.  It seems that one can refer to the T'ung Shu as to when it is auspicious or inauspicious to have birds chirping outside the house.  I will check on it and let you know in future.

No comments: