Monday 19 November 2012

IPOH BEAN SPROUTS

 Where I come from the bean sprouts are second to none.  By where, I mean Ipoh, my hometown.  For your information, most people will agree that Ipoh’s taugeh is of superior quality.  From small, it has been drummed into my head that this is all because of the abundance of hard water from the limestone hills surrounding the Kinta Valley.  Believe me, the bean sprouts that are grown in Ipoh are crunchy and succulent.  Most of the taugeh supply in Ipoh comes from Buntong.
Here is the uncle whom I get my bean sprouts from at the Kampung Simee market in Ipoh.  As long as I can remember, he has been selling bean sprouts at that place.
 Personally, I feel that the Ipoh bean sprouts are plumper than those grown elsewhere.
Here is a closer look at the beautiful bean sprouts that I bought from the Kampung Simee market.

No comments: