Thursday 18 October 2012

MISSING EACH OTHER VERY MUCH





Last week Amir's papa said that he would let Amir spend Wednesday with me. He would usually send Amir at around 4.00 p.m. to the college.  I waited and waited for Amir to show up but he did not.  Disappointed I was because I had not seen my little godson for more than a month but since I had to set up the exhibits for the Herb exhibition, I had no time to feel sad.  I stayed in college until 6.00 p.m. to finish my work.  When I was driving home, I had a call from my library assistant, Asiah.  She told me that the chief clerk was hospitalised because her blood pressure was very high and that she had gone to visit her.  Asiah told me that when she was at the hospital, she met Amir's dad.  He was being discharged after having been warded for 3 days because of a severe asthma attack.  That was when I realised why the little guy did not show up.
But then to my surprise, Amir's papa sent him to my house at 6.40 p.m.  He kept his promise to me.  Perhaps, he realised that Amir and I missed each other very much.

No comments: