Tuesday 30 October 2012

ME AT THE LEANING TOWER OF TELUK INTAN













I was called to the town of Teluk Intan to attend a briefing yesterday morning.  After I had gone to the school where the briefing was held, I stopped at the food court near the Leaning Tower of Teluk Intan to have lunch.   I had a spectacular view of the Pagoda-like tower while enjoying my plate of Nasi Goreng Ikan Masin (Salted Fish Fried Rice).  After the meal, I went and snapped photographs of this tower which was
initially built to house a water tank.
This tower has been likened to that of the world famous Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy. It is located in the centre of the town. The tower is slanted leftward, similar to the Tower of Pisa. It is 25.5 metres tall and, from the outside, looks like a 8 storey building, though inside it is actually divided into 5 storeys.

No comments: