Monday 8 October 2012

DIY PAINTING TO SAVE COST






Yesterday afternoon, my Aunt Linda and I spent about two hours to paint two walls of my house in Ipoh.  When my mum was alive she got someone to paint the house but when I got rid of the old kitchen cabinet and some cupboards, I realised that the painter had not painted behind them.  So there were patches of different paints in a few places at home.
Hiring a painter would be quite expensive.  The fee is RM100 for a day.  According to my aunt, the painters would come at around 8.30 a.m., then they would go for breakfast at 10.00 a.m. and only come back an hour later.  Then there is lunch break and tea break.  With all these breaks, the painting would only get done within 5 or 7 days.  To save money, I decided to do the painting myself with help from my aunt.  I'd do the high and not so high places and she'd cover the low areas.  We will do two more walls next week.

No comments: