Wednesday 29 August 2012

YUMMY GOPENG LAI FUN









When I was driving my aunt, Lai Yoong and Aunt Josephine to Gopeng, Aunt Linda asked me what type of food was famous in Gopeng.  Gopeng Lai Fun (homemade rice noodle served with a bowl of fish paste stuffed ingredients) was what came to mind. I was told that in other places most of the Lai Fun are made by machines but in Gopeng this type of noodles is handmade. The texture is perfect and is usually accompanied by several fish paste dishes.
There is a restaurant famed for this dish but then it only opens at 7 p.m.  The Gopeng residents whom we met introduced us to a stall at the market which they say serves delicious Lai Fun as well.  And they were right!  The name of the stall is Gerai Mee Yi Kee or Yi Kee Noodle Stall.  The food was so good that I ordered more to take home.  So if you happen to be in Gopeng, don't miss out on the heavenly noodles.

No comments: