Wednesday 22 August 2012

LIEW FUN (NOODLES WITH ADD-ONS)

 Every weekend when I go back to Ipoh, I will sure visit a stall selling Liew Fun or noodles with add-ons like fish balls, stuffed tofu, fishcakes, etc).   Believe me, there are many of such stalls where I came from.
One of the Liew Fun stalls that I enjoy going to is the one at the Pasir Pinji market.  It opens for business at around 6 p.m.  I  only go there once in a while as it is a distance from my house.
If you are thinking of going then, make sure you go early as the food is sold out fast.  If you go after 7 p.m, you need to wait in line for you food.
 Here you see Aunty Linda enjoying a bowl of Kon Lou Mee Hoon or Dry Mix Noodles with liew.
 This was what I ordered.  I like to have lots and lots of add ons.  My aunt says I eat like a horse.
 The liew or add ons that I ordered included stuffed lady's fingers, stuffed chilli, fucuk with fish and the extra springy fish balls that the stall is famous for.

Here is the Kon Lou noodles 幹撈麵 plus two fried wantan.

2 comments:

Opus T. Penguin said...

The term "fish balls" makes me laugh everytime I see it.

Miss Cheah said...

NORTY! NORTY!