Friday 3 August 2012

JADE


While my aunt was helping me to go over my late mother's belongings, she found this jade bracelet that she had given to my mum.  Aunt Linda bought it during her trip to China.  She told me to keep it as a momento of my mum.
Hmm ... I am not really a jade person but then all the colourful jade looked very pretty and so I will do as told.  For your information, this precious stone is popular among the Chinese.
Besides wearing it, jade can be made into display ornaments and also for massage.  It can also be used as a healing cure since jade can help circulation.
There are two types of jade, hard and soft. Hard jade is usually Burmese jade and soft jade is produced in Xinjiang, China. Both soft jade and hard jade are either opaque or semi-transparent and they can be of different colours, such as green, white, yellow and black.
To know more about jade, click the link below.

No comments: