Thursday 21 June 2012

NOT MANY PICTURES TAKEN DURING MY MUM'S WAKE AND FUNERAL

Anyone who knows me will know that I love taking photographs.  However, I only took a few photographs during my mum's wake and funeral as my sister, Li Lian, requested that I not do so as it was a solemn occasion.  Anyway, I did manage to take a few and am posting them here.  The photographs are my way to remember the final journey of my mum to the afterlife.
 In this picture, my mum's coffin has just been brought back from the funeral parlour.
 Members of my immediate family holding joss-sticks as a sign of respect to greet my mother's coffin.
 Buddhist nuns reciting chants and prayers for my mum's soul during the night of the wake.
 Food and drinks are served to those attending the wake.
 My Uncle Jimmy and two of my mum's friends at the wake.
 The nuns chanting prayers before paper effigies of a house and car are burnt as offerings to my mum.

 Two of my brothers-in-law waiting to conduct a ceremony during the funeral.
 The workers getting ready to wheel my mum's coffin into the hearse for the journey to the crematorium.
My mum's coffin at the crematorium.

No comments: