Thursday 21 June 2012

HAVING A MEAL AFTER FUNERAL SERVICES


For the Chinese, relatives and friends will be invited for a meal after the funeral. This shows respect for the spirit of the deceased, and gives thanks to those who came to pay their respect.
After my mum's funeral on Sunday, my family booked a few tables at the Marpoh Restaurant in Ipoh Garden for lunch.  As for my Muslim guests, I had planned to invite them to a meal at KFC Restaurant which is situated a few doors away.  On that day, Kamariah, her husband Khairi and their youngest daugher, Nureen came all the way from Manjung to attend the funeral.  A few of my friends couldn't make it as they were taking part in a badminton tournament and a few others had some pressing family matters to attend to.  If not, there would've been more people at KFC.
When I looked at the pictures of myself, I realised what a toll the 3 days had taken on me.  I looked sooo tired.

No comments: