Monday 12 March 2012

CROOKED TREES: LIKE SOMETHING OUT OF A FAIRY TALE




As I am just an ordinary Malaysian teacher earning enough to live comfortably, I do not have the resources to travel far and wide to see as much of the world as I possibly can. Thankfully, there is this thing called the electronic media which enables me to see things that I would otherwise not be able to. 
Recently, I chanced upon one of the wonders of Poland when I was surfing the Internet.  What I am referrring to is the Crooked Forest of Gryfino in North West Poland.  This pine forest is what one can visualise as something  right out of a fairy tale.  It is described as a forest having around four hundred trees formed with a 90° horizontal bend in its trunk before rising vertically again. This grove of curved trees has been dubbed the 'Crooked Forest'.  According to information I sourced from the Internet, the curved pines were planted around 1930.  One source said that they were curved because of human intervention.  Hmm ... this is a possibility as we have all the curved Lucky Bamboo plants.  

No comments: