Monday 19 March 2012

AVIATOPHOBIA

One of my favourite South Korean actors, Lee Jun Ki (picture), was honourably discharged from the army early this year.  At present, this young man is making his comeback into the entertainment world by doing a series of fan meetings and is currently in Japan.  It was in an article about Jun Ki travelling to Japan that I realised that he has a fear of flying.  The scientific term for this is aviatophobia.

Lee Jun Ki reveals his phobia of planes
While kick starting his comeback activities in Japan, actor Lee Jun Ki confessed his phobia of airplanes through a new Twitter update.

On March 18th, Lee Jun Ki wrote on his Twitter, “Yokohama is too far! I’m going by car because I’m scared of planes, but this is really slow. It’d be nice if I had my friends in Korea to hang out with… You know that my play style is international, right? Thank you, baby.”

Despite being covered up in sunglasses, his handsome looks shine straight through to the camera, and it’s certainly nice to be able to see the star so regularly now that he’s discharged from the army. Lee Jun Ki will be touring four different cities this month to meet with his Japanese fans.

Netizens commented, “It’s my first time seeing someone with a phobia of planes. Still so cute“, “Didn’t expect him to be scared of planes“, and “Then how did you go all the way to Japan!”

Source + Photos: OSEN via Naver

LINK

2 comments:

Kevin said...

I often find Korean actors are little too good-looking and I find that disconcerting. For the most part I much prefer Japanese movies. As for Korean actresses I like Bae Du Na. I find her cute. She recently acted in Air Doll (a movie I haven't seen though she did win a Japanese Academy Award for it). Which leads me to the expression "Dutch wife". A Dutch wife is a sort of basket which you bring to bed in hot climates as it allows air to circulate around and keeps you cool. It is also an expression for an inflatable doll which is used for...The English are always slurring the Dutch (probably with good reason) hence Dutch treat (each pays his own), Double Dutch (language you can't understand), Dutch orchestra (each member playing a different instrument and different tune) and of course Dutch wife. There's plenty more but I can't think of them. Back to Korean movies - although they're not my favourite Asia - I did like "Memories of Murder" and "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring".

Miss Cheah said...

Wow! I didn't imagine my post on the fear of flying would bring out such a display of rhetorics. Thanks for the input.