Thursday 5 January 2012

GOING BACK AFTER 5.00 P.M. EACH DAY


As the school that I teach in has been transformed into a vocational college, the working hours for the teachers or lecturers is from 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.  Previously, the normal hours for the vocational school was from 7.30 a.m. until 2.35 p.m.
I am quite used to such working hours as I usually have a lot of activities in the afternoon with my librarians and also other resource centre matters to attend to and so would leave at around 5.00 p.m. each day.
It is some of my colleagues who will need to readjust as they usually went back home at 2.35 p.m.  Some of them also had to make some adjustments to their lifestyles and had to make arrangements for minders to look after their young children or to look for drivers to ferry them to tuition classes.  Somehow, we will have to transform to meet the challenges set by the Malaysian Ministry of Education in order for education in the country to progress further.

My colleague, Tuan Haji Syed Sharim indicating the time he was going to clock out on the first day of school.

No comments: