Wednesday 21 December 2011

GEARBOX SOUP





The dish featured in this post is called Gearbox Soup.  I got it from Kamariah's camera.  She cooked the dish for her family a couple of weeks ago.  According to her, Gearbox Soup which is also known as Soup Tulang (Bone Soup) is a favourite of her family. It is a dish consisting of mutton or beef bones stewed in a sweet and spicy red soup of mutton stock, tomatoes, ginger, chillies and spices like cinnamon and star anise.
How on earth did the soup get to be called Gearbox? Well, apparently the gearbox refers to the bones of the cow which looks like your car’s gear.  I have never tried the soup and never will as I don't eat beef. However, I was told that the soup is sourish and hot.  I

If you want to try making it, then click this LINK.

No comments: