Thursday 15 December 2011

DON'T THROW AWAY THE POMELO SKIN



Whenever I eat pomeloes, I'd peel them and then remove the rind which will later be thrown away. Actually, the skin or rind has other uses. It can be used for cooking. Yeah! You can make candied pomelo rinds with them. Pomelo skin can be used as mosquito repellent.  It is said to prevent bugs in your closet and shoe rack.   You need to dry the pomelo skin and tear it into slices, then put it wherever the bugs might appear. You
could put a few slices into the rice bucket to avoid rice bug.
If we boil the skin of the pomelo, the water can be used as a herbal remedy to reduce headache, flu and also to reduce body heat. Recently, I boiled the pomelo rind with the other ingredients for my mum's herbal bath. The skin of the pomelo is also believed to help rid the body of wind.

3 comments:

Miss Cheah said...

Hmm ... this is something new. Not too sure about that but then I will ask around. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ive just juiced the whole fruit including the white inner layer and skin.
Do you think this is ok?

Miss Cheah said...

I think that is is okay but might be a bit bitter because of the rind.