Thursday 25 August 2011

DRIED AGAR-AGAR

I saw these Agar-agar blocks being dried being sun-dried outside the quarters of one of the elderly ladies at the Manabi'ul Ulum Education Centre when I was there yesterday afternoon.
The Agar-agar kering or Dried Agar-agar is actually dried sweetened jelly.  The Agar-agar kering is a popular snack served at Open Houses during the Hari Raya Aidil Fitrit celebrations.
From what I heard it is quite easy to make the agar-agar kering.  Just need to make the agar-agar harder, cut it into blocks or strips and then dry them under the sun.
Nowadays, these jelly candies come in different shapes, like for example, the bear shapes below.
I must find time to make me some dried agar-agar.  If you are interested, do click the link to get the recipe.

No comments: