Saturday 5 March 2011

TASK ACCOMPLISHED

I'd like to share with you some photographs of two activities that happened in my school yesterday. In the above picture, you see most of the people who were involved in accomplishing the tasks.  A few of my librarias had some matters to attend to during recess time and so were not able to make it for this photo session.
The first activity was the oath-taking ceremony of the school librarians.  Here you see them in prayer during assembly.
My boys and girls smartly attired in their blazers waiting for the ceremony to begin.
The head librarian, Mukamil, during the oath taking ceremony.
The librarians taking their oath of office.
The head librarian receiving the letters of appointments, on behalf of the rest, from the school principal.
The next activity was the launch of the NILAM Reading Programme for the school. I will continue with this later as I have to drive back to Ipoh in a few minutes time.
The next activity that was carried out right after the oath taking ceremony was the launch of the NILAM Reading Programme for the school.  For that I had one librarian wheeling out a pot of NILAM Plant (Patchouli) and another holding a watering can.
The principal was then invited to declare that the programme was launched. 
The principal watering the NILAM plant would symbolise the care and attention given to the programme with the hope that it would grow and thrive.
The NILAM Plant receiving a good dose of water from the principal.
My colleagues and I spent two weeks preparing for the programme.  We did quite a lot of preparations and also had two rehearsals.  As usual I worried that things would not run smoothly but luckily both the launching ceremony was very successful.  It was only later in the evening that I was zapped with a big headache.

No comments: