Wednesday 30 March 2011

SEEKING HELP FOR BOY WHO REFUSES TO ATTEND SCHOOL




My library assistant's son, Apit, has not been going to school for almost 2 months.  The teenager is afraid to go to school as he is a victim of bullying.  Though his teachers have already taken measures to discipline the bullies, Apit still refuses to go to school.  Instead he prefers to stay at home and watch television the whole day.  His mother, Asiah, is at her wits end trying to make him go to school.
As an alternative, she is considering sending her son to a religious school in Batu 10.  This school is run by a friend of ours, Ustaz Syed Sharim. Since Asiah has never been to the place before, I volunteered to drive her and her sons there to have a look and also to discuss her problem with the Ustaz.  The ustaz even called one of the students studying there to share his experiences in the school so that Apit would want to go stay and study there.
The Ustaz spent half an hour talking with us and at the same time he tried to persuade Apit to study at the religious school.  The students stay there and go back during the weekends.  I have been to Ustaz's place quite a number of times as I have been assisting him during Hari Raya Puasa to collect money to buy new clothes and Raya goodies for the orphans and some poor senior citizens who are also housed there.  He jokingly tells all the lady religious teachers in my school that I have been going to his place for more than 5 years but none of them have set foot there even once.
My friend Ustaz Syed is a very helpful person and he said that he would be taking Asiah and her son to meet with another religious teacher in Lenggong soon.  The Ustaz there will recite prayers for the boy to help lift his spirit and also to rid him of negative influences. 
By the way, Ustaz Syed also wanted to take me along to Lenggong so that the Ustaz there could help me get rid of the negativity surrounding me at present.  I was deeply touched but then I had to decline as I have my own sifu to carry out the blessing.

No comments: