Thursday 24 March 2011

NO HARM WILL COME TO ME

One of my Chinese friends told me that she was afraid for my wellbeing and safety since I have been embroiled in the controversy with the housing developer.  She told me that I am living here and  harm might come to me if I keep wanting to go to the press and the Consumer Tribunal.  Actually, I told her that I had already given way when I agreed to them replacing my faucets with good quality ones and ensuring the water pipes are safe and forgo the two other requests.  When the company representative explained to me the reason for them not paying me for the medical bills and the bill for the faucets, I reluctantly agreed after some persuasion from Daniel and Mr Chong.  Now  I simply want some form of apology for the shabby treatment I was given.
Somebody told me that if I had gone straight to the Big Boss, he would have settled my problem immediately and would have been very courteous and apologetic as well. Sometimes, it is the people who are working for him who are the ones who are haughty and difficult.   I heard from some of my older friends that the late Mr Yeh (the one who started the company) was even more hands-on.  It seemed that he would go around the housing areas that he had developed and meet the house-buyers.  Any problems they reported to him would be seen to immediately.
I heard from someone who knows the present Chairman say that he is actually a reasonable and agreeable man.  Another friend told me that he was a staunch Buddhist.  And so, I am sure that neither he nor his management team will hire gangsters or hoodlums to harm me or damage the house that I am living in, just because of such a matter.  After all, we are living in Malaysia where law and order prevail.  You go to jail for killing or hurting someone.  Even if one escapes punishment in this life, Taoists and Buddhists believe that a person will have to bear the consequences when confronting the Emperor of Hades or Yeun Lau Wong.  Therefore, it is with such fear of being harmed that is planted in humans, that we are afraid to voice out our dissatisfaction or to seek justice.  I am sure that they will be more particular when it comes to the quality of faucets, pipes and taps that are installed in their housing projects from now on.  The problem now is how to pacify me without compromising their company.
So, I am sure that no harm whatsover will come to me.  Sometimes, we need to raise our voices to be heard, if not people would ignore us or bully us.
As an afterthought, if I do get murdered or killed tomorrow, who would be the most obvious suspects since all my friends and colleagues know about it?   Also I have made a police report and published my plight in the blog.  It would be rather silly to even think of harming one hair on my head.  Am I not right?

No comments: