Tuesday 8 March 2011

HELP! I'VE BEEN DRINKING CORROSIVE WATER FOR 6 MONTHS


Last Monday when I tried to use the faucet in the kitchen sink, I was shocked that the part of it fell off.  I noticed that some parts were corroded.  At that time I had started to worry.  I realised there and then that the yellowish colour water that I had been drinking for more than 5 months was corrosive.  From what I read, prolonged drinking of corrosive water can lead to chronic illnesses.  Imagine, I had been drinking that water from the middle of September until now.
I had gone to the Maintenance Department of the Housing Development Company to ask them to send a plumber over to do the repair since I had only been living in the house for 6 months. The plumber came once last weekend when I was back in Ipoh.  He came for the second time today and when he removed the other part of the faucet, I was in more shock.  The inner part was badly corroded.  Even the plumber was shocked.  And to imagine, I had been drinking this water and using it to wash my hands and face.  No wonder, I developed rashes and my poor ear was not spared (as can be seen in the above picture). 
I told the plumber that no way was I going to have him use a similar faucet from the housing developer's store to replace the damaged one.  I bought two faucets, one for the sink and the other for the bathroom and he used those to replace the faulty faucets.  The one in the bathroom was also spoilt as it could not turn properly and water was not flowing smoothly out from it.
What am I going to do?  I have contacted two of my friends who are members of the MCA and they have agreed to accompany me to the Lumut Headquarters tomorrow and we will get the officer there to help.  I hope to get them to help me go to the housing developer's office and demand justice for what happened to me.  They need to pay for my new faucets which are of stainless steel and I also wish for them to replace all the other faucets in my house and check the piping in the house.  Also, I am going to have tests done on my kidneys and liver to see if there is any damage.  They should foot the bill for the medical check-up.
Do you think this is fair?  If any one of my visitors happen to be a lawyer, could you please offer some advice as to what I can do.  I would greatly appreciate it.
Oh!  If the housing developer refuses my "requests", I will get help to hold a press conference to highlight my plight.  Of course, I will be bringing the corroded faucet plus the tainted water.

No comments: