Monday 7 March 2011

GARLANDS OF FLOWERS



 When I was at the market yesterday morning, this pretty little girl called out to me to buy the beautiful garland of flowers that her mother had made from jasmine and chrysanthemum.  She told me that it was RM3.  Of course, I bought it from the charming little girl.  I also bought another 1 metre strand of jasmine flowers for RM1.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take it home to Sitiawan with me.  I gave my mum a call and asked her to offer it to the Kuan Yin in our house in Ipoh and the other deities that my mum worships.

Here are the bigger garlands which are sold in shops.  I forgot to ask the shopkeeper for the price of the garlands.  These are usually used as offerings to the deities in temples, for the bride and groom and also to honour some VIPs.

No comments: