Wednesday 9 March 2011

DAUNTING TASK AHEAD

I was tired after spending half an hour under the sun taking photos and videos for a presentation project for a competition that the school innovation team will be taking part in.  Helping to make the video is something that I am used to and so that is not the daunting task ahead that I am referring to.
What seems to be daunting is me having to go and seek justice for the wrong that has been done by the housing developer and sub-contractor in installing low quality faucets that corroded which caused me to drink the tainted water for about 6 months.  I am also afraid that some form of damage might have been done to my internal organs because of drinking so much rust and other materials. 
A few of my colleagues say that they just changed the faucets on their own as it would be time consuming and that the people responsible will somehow find some legal loopholes and get away with their greedy deed. 
Unfortunately, I am not one to budge once I decide on something.  I will somehow make my point known and also seek redress for the injustice done to me.  No doubt I can buy a water filtration system for my house but then the question that begs to be answered is this "shouldn't the housing developer and subcontractors make sure that the house that they are delivering to the buyers is at least safe to live in?"  When I bought a house, never have I imagined that my poor body would be subjected to the intake and the use of water that is "rich" in all sorts of "minerals", harmful ones at that.

No comments: