Monday 7 March 2011

AN AFTERNOON WITH THE MONKEYS













I have been living in Manjung for 15 years but never visited the Taman Paya Bakau (Mangrove Park) until last Friday.  I was determined to visit this place that I fondly refer to as the Monkey Park and practically made Kamariah, Hani and Sharveen accompany me so that I can have an afternoon with the monkeys. 
Besides the camera and the computer, I take great pleasure in spending time with animals, monkeys included. 
In the above pictures, you can see Kamariah, Sharveen and I bravely posing for photographs with a monkey.  Actually, we were afraid that the monkey would either bite or scratch us and so we kept our distance.  It is not like playing with a cat or a rabbit, you know.  After all, monkeys are considered as wild animals.  Sharveen told us that when he brought his aunts to the park a few weeks ago, the naughty monkeys tried to snatch their handbags.  That was why we kept ours in the car.
All in all, it was a nice visit.  I got to take quite a lot of pictures of the monkeys and get some fresh air walking along the bridges which have been built over the mangrove swamps.

No comments: