Friday 11 February 2011

INTERNET WOES




I am having a hard time with the downloading and uploading speed of the Internet connection both at home and in school.  This is making my work difficult as it takes me ages to put new information in the school website and also blog.  Sometimes when I have finished typing a lot of information about the school and also uploaded a number of photographs, the connection goes dead and then I have to start again. 
You can see my frustration in the above photographs.
At home, I had actually signed up for the package where they offer a speed of 4Mbs but have until today gotten only 1Mbs.  This was since 22 December 2010.  Worse of all the Telecoms is charging me RM163 for the 4Mbs when I am not even enjoying the service.  The worst was that the phone cables in my housing area was stolen and it took about a week to get the phone lines working. In my case, I was without Internet service for almost 2 weeks.  Next month, the Telecoms might most probably be sending me another bill for RM163.  Unfair, isn't it?
I think I have called 100 to lodge so many reports that the people manning the phones there are getting sick of my voice and my complaints.  Hmm ... Internet Woes - this is an affliction of the Cyberage.

2 comments:

ennie said...

Lina, u can request for refund from Telekom. I complained once, cos the line was intermittently off for a month, causing inconveniences.

Miss Cheah said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I have already made a report.