Friday 17 December 2010

WHERE HAVE I SEEN THIS ACTOR BEFORE?


There is this new Korean drama on TV about a girl having to stand-in for her identical twin brother who has to seek treatment in the US.  She has to disguise as a member of a famous boy group.
When I first saw the preview, I was wondering what was the hoo-hah about the drama, "He's Beautiful" being so wildly popular.  I also thought to myself what a skinny looking actor they found for the lead.  Anyway, he reminded me of one of those Japanese popstars with his looks (he's the one at extreme left in the above picture).  After watching a few episodes, I realised that the actor who played the main lead, Hwang Tae Kwong could really act and sing very well. The song "What can I do?" or "Otokajo" which is the background music for this blog is sung by him.   Dreamy voice, eh? Hmm ... that was why he was chosen! 
 As Hwang Tae Kwong in "He's Beautiful".  After a few episodes, I thought to myself that I have seen this actor before.  I recognised his eyes.  Such beautiful eyes.  Which drama?
 It seems that he also acted in another hit, "Beethovan Virus" as a traffic cop turned classical musician but I did not watch that.  He looks so much different.
 In Beethovan Virus, he spotted a crew-cut and acted the role of a trumpeter in an orchestra.  The actor was also fleshier.  It seems that he lost a bit of weight when he played the role in "He's beautiful".
Here's the actor in his latest role in a drama called "Mary stayed out late all night".  In this one, he stars as an Indie rocker.  Aiyoh!  He looks soooo different from the first two roles.  When I saw the preview of the series on KBS last week, I told my mum that the main actor looks way much more beautiful than the lead actress.
After a quick search on the Internet, I then realised that he was the young man who played the first love of Hwang Ji Ni in a drama of the same title.  Actually, I only managed to watch the episodes with him in the drama as I was busy when Hwang Ji Ni moved on to her other loves after his character died of pneumonia while trying to elope with her.  He looked and acted so differently from the role he played in "He's beautiful" or any of the other roles. He also acted as a prince in a swordfighting drama. This is the sign of a good actor.  Oh! I forgot to mention, that the actor goes by the name of Jang Geun-Suk.  He was actually the top choice for the role of Goo Jun Pyo during the initial casting of Boys Over Flowers but he turned it down for Beethoven Virus.  Too bad, I think he would have made a brilliant and stinging Goo Jun Pyo given his acting abilities.   He sings great too.

3 comments:

Sidratul Muntaha said...

mem..
you make the research already.
thanks anyway.
seem difficult to juggling drama @KBS and also lately on 8tv.
huhuhuuh...
but I am currently watching cruel love at kbs.

yeshey said...

he's really cute.. ohh wish he wud swift me off my feet.. and i cud just stare into those eyes... hehe ;)

yeshey said...

he is jus so cute.. killer looks..