Wednesday 22 December 2010

VEGETARIAN FOOD






I love eating vegetarian food.  When I went on the 9 day fast for the 9 Emperor Gods Festival, my mum said that it wasn't a big deal as it wasn't much of a sacrifice on my part as I eat a lot of vegetarian food.  When she started to feed me solid food when I was a baby, I would throw up whenever I was fed meat.  She also mentioned that as a toddler, I would clam up whenever she spooned me anything with meat.  My mum said that I preferred to eat rice with warm water and a bit of soy sauce.
Though I like eating vegetarian food, I am a bit selective when it comes to food sold at the vegetarian restaurants.  I find some of the dishes a bit too oily and I don't like those that they fashion to look like meat.   However, I notice that nowadays the proprietors of such restaurants have modified the cooking styles a bit and the food is not so oily.  The dishes in the above photos are from Meng Kee Vegetarian Restaurant in Ipoh Garden.  I am a regular customer there and the workers are familiar with me.  I prefer the dishes with lots of veges instead of those with stuff made from a lot of flour.  Those from soya products, I like.

No comments: